Always a swarm of ideas in my mind and too many interests to list. The top 5 would be guitar, solution design (work), teardrop design concepts, Pietenpol build approaches and where to head next with the kayak. ...because there's always a song in my head, a solution to a problem and a quest to go somewhere I've never been before. Play hard and travel far!

The deck of the trailer was previously just plywood screwed into the 2″ x 2″ frame.  Also, the 2 pieces of 3/4″ plywood used for the deck were not properly joined.  I added 5 biscuits to the seam.  After taking apart the whole deck, I reassembled using PL Premium.  I will never use that adhesive again.  It was incredibly thick, a 2 hand squeeze to get any flow out of the cartridge, which ended up breaking the gun.  I spread it out with a paint scraper and reassembled with only that first piece.  Then I cut my biscuit slots and used Titebond III for the seam and gluing down the second piece.  Everything was glued and clamped and turned out OK.  My feeling on PL Premium is either the product is inherently hard to work with, or the product went bad at the store.  I don’t want to have to wonder if the tubes of adhesive I’m buying at $8 a cartridge are already dead in the tube.

After reassembling the deck and giving it a day to set up, I applied 2 coats of Zinser Oil Base Primer.  I’ve had good luck with that product many times in the past.  Once it’s done I’ll add a couple more coats of gray Rustoleum Oil Base Paint and be done with it.  Trying to plow through the deck and under-deck things so that I can get going on the top.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.